8 replies to this topic

#1 raymac

raymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:29 AM

Just looking at extended warranty option and came across this link and was wondering if any of you thought it to be a good deal,my quote was £480 for the year which seems a bit dear but i have had a quick scan at things covered under the warranty side of it and it looks not ot bad, also to get it serviced and motted in the price and breakdown and quite a few other things also, anyway heres the link , let me know what you think as i'm tempted

http://www.motoreasy.com/
2001 tdi 1900 ghia 60,000 miles

#2 mumof4

mumof4

Floating...

• Admin
  • 8934 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:09 AM

Blimey..i got quoted £281.64 for standard and £217.61 for their driveline one.For a year.With all work to be carried out at a network rather than franchise.Am impressed at the amount of things covered in their driveline warranty.

Dont we have the same model/year of car raymac?.if so how come mine is cheaper?..ive covered over 70k in mine...could that be why?

i went for just a warranty quote.

When twilight draws near, when you are pushed to the very limits of your soul,
When it seems that all you have is the dead remnants of the fabric of your life

�..Believe!

03 Kia Sedona,   :)

#3 mumof4

mumof4

Floating...

• Admin
  • 8934 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

this could be why....

Wear & Tear
Your policy will cover your car against failure of covered parts as a result of wear and tear as soon as you have been on cover with us for 90 days. Upon renewal, this significant benefit obviously applies from day one. If your vehicle has a mileage of less than 60,000 we will pay the full cost of parts and labour. For cars over 60,000, the table below shows the percentage we will pay depending on the vehicles mileage at the time of breakdown. We always pay the labour cost in full.

Mileage Parts Labour
Up to 60,000 miles 100% 100%
Up to 70,000 miles 90% 100%
Up to 80,000 miles 80% 100%
Up to 90,000 miles 70% 100%
Up to 100,000 miles 60% 100%
Over 100,000 miles 50% 100%

With alternative warranties disputes often arise in respect of wear and tear because they incorporate a "wear and tear" exclusion clause. At the time of any claim it is all too easy for the administrator to refuse your claim by saying; "of course it's broken, the car's done 70,000 miles and it's worn out." Our simple chart let's you know exactly where you stand from day one, avoiding dispute and annoyance on your part. This policy is unique to Warranty Direct and reflects our position as industry leaders for customer service and satisfaction.

A good example of a wear related failure is a failed water pump, which is as a result of worn bearings This type of claim will not be covered by a warranty policy that does not cover failure caused by wear.

As a guide you need to assume that 30% of the premium you pay goes towards this valuable benefit. When considering Warranty Direct make sure you apply this additional 30% to the premium quoted by any other company to give you an accurate comparison

�..Believe!

#4 raymac

raymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

this could be why....

Wear & Tear
Your policy will cover your car against failure of covered parts as a result of wear and tear as soon as you have been on cover with us for 90 days. Upon renewal, this significant benefit obviously applies from day one. If your vehicle has a mileage of less than 60,000 we will pay the full cost of parts and labour. For cars over 60,000, the table below shows the percentage we will pay depending on the vehicles mileage at the time of breakdown. We always pay the labour cost in full.

Mileage Parts Labour
Up to 60,000 miles 100% 100%
Up to 70,000 miles 90% 100%
Up to 80,000 miles 80% 100%
Up to 90,000 miles 70% 100%
Up to 100,000 miles 60% 100%
Over 100,000 miles 50% 100%

With alternative warranties disputes often arise in respect of wear and tear because they incorporate a "wear and tear" exclusion clause. At the time of any claim it is all too easy for the administrator to refuse your claim by saying; "of course it's broken, the car's done 70,000 miles and it's worn out." Our simple chart let's you know exactly where you stand from day one, avoiding dispute and annoyance on your part. This policy is unique to Warranty Direct and reflects our position as industry leaders for customer service and satisfaction.

A good example of a wear related failure is a failed water pump, which is as a result of worn bearings This type of claim will not be covered by a warranty policy that does not cover failure caused by wear.

As a guide you need to assume that 30% of the premium you pay goes towards this valuable benefit. When considering Warranty Direct make sure you apply this additional 30% to the premium quoted by any other company to give you an accurate comparison

mo4 did you get a qoute for just warranty or did you click on the motoreasy-all-in-one qoute on the right hand side of the site,this includes a service every 12.000miles or 12 months which ever comes first and also a mot and retest and repirs upto the total of £500.00 plus breakdown and recovery and 60days cover in europe, i suspect you just got a qoute for cover on mechanical breakdown ;)

#5 mumof4

mumof4

Floating...

• Admin
  • 8934 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

Just warranty..not the all in one wangfangled and all whistling bit.

�..Believe!

#6 mumof4

mumof4

Floating...

• Admin
  • 8934 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:44 AM

£480 all in one quote.

�..Believe!

#7 raymac

raymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:57 AM

That's the one i'm thinking on having, i know it's a bit dear but i think with the mot and srvice bit and all the other bits and bobs it's not to bad at all, i will wait to get the package delivered first and give it the once over,i would be a bit concerned about the type of oil they would use bit would stress to them that it needs to be the specific type and as i can get it from ford at a fraction of the price would they be willing to let me supply my own,keep you informed ;)

#8 raymac

raymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

Mo4, have just recieved a qoute from the AA for their prestige cover and qouted for 2yrs £519.00 that comes with 0% interest on 1 deposit of £21.74 and 23 monthly payments of £21.62 will have aook at the cover but reading the summary it looks quite promising
items covered on summary
engine
timing belt
cooling
fuel system (petrol)
engine management
manual gearbox
clutch
automatic g/box
continuously variable transmission(cvt/cvx) :D
torque converter
transfer box
front wheel drive
rear wheel drive
differential/s
propshaft/s
wheel bearings
steering and suspension
braking
electrical
casings
working materials
diesel cover
turbocharger/supercharger/kompressor
abs
air con/climate control
quite impressive but will read the small print first,keep you informed :D

#9 raymac

raymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

Have been onto aa and all things i qouted are covered,the price quoted is for thier 5star cover,when i checked this on the aa site it stated that turbo,abs and aircon/climate where extras and would cost more to have them added,so back on the phone 2mins after speaking to an aa agent , new agent came on and i explained that i was told all things were included but website said not certain items, new agent told me to ignore website she was qouting me from aa bible and all were included,so i'm going for this one :D