Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Gteuk : (20 September 2014 - 11:58 AM) Don't forget to update your profile pictures, it helps make the site more colourful :D
@  Gteuk : (20 September 2014 - 10:50 AM) Welcome to the ford galaxy owners club, don't forget to like our facebook page https://www.facebook...alaxyownersclub

Photo
- - - - -

Water In Passenger Footwell

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dan l22

dan l22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

hi everyone newby here i need a bit of advice. i have a mrk 1 19tdi x reg 2ooo galaxy, i have read posts regarding water in the footwells, ihave cleared the drains in the wheel arches and flushed them through thinking it solved my problem but it hasnt,so i was hoping does anyone have any pictures, as to where the drain holes are where the pollen filter is,as this is the only place i suspect the water is coming from.i thought of the heater matrix,but would that mean i would still get hot air from the blowers,also i dont think the water level has gone down in the water bottle,thanks

#2 Caff

Caff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hi
Have you checked the rear washer pipe? This has a join which, when it comes apart, allows the contents of your wash water reservoir to become a foot spa for your passengers. There's loads on this site regarding this. Also involved is the parking sensor unit which gets swamped.
We have the same model car as you and have had no leaks involving the scuttles or anything else.

#3 dan l22

dan l22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

thanks for your reply,as it is raining now i have checked for leaks and from what i can see there is water trickling down the wheelarch to the passenger front footwell i have used a hosepipe today under the scuttle but there was no water coming in at that time.any more thoughts would be appreciated. cheers

#4 gregers

gregers

Eternally ultimate Member

• 5687 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

change the pollen filter,details in the faqs,if this is blocked this an also cause problems.

#5 dan l22

dan l22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

hi how can the pollen filter affect how the water is running down the wheel arch inside the car ?

#6 chrispb123456

chrispb123456

Ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2490 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

thanks for your reply,as it is raining now i have checked for leaks and from what i can see there is water trickling down the wheelarch to the passenger front footwell i have used a hosepipe today under the scuttle but there was no water coming in at that time.any more thoughts would be appreciated. cheers

Do you have a sun roof? if so check drain tubes are not blocked or disconnected.

#7 dan l22

dan l22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

hi no the car does not have a sunroof.

#8 chrispb123456

chrispb123456

Ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2490 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

hi no the car does not have a sunroof.

If your sure the scuttle drains are clear? this can cause rainwater to flood the heater air intake/pollen filter, try directing your hose around the windscreen it's not uncommon for the bonding to become detached from the screen.

#9 dan l22

dan l22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

i did use the hose on the screen aswell but i will double check this tomorrow

#10 sotal

sotal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

Mine came in through the scuttle drains, but mine are have always been clear (while I've had the car) but as water runs down the back there is a seam which the water hist then gets through.

Lots of silicone sealed mine up

#11 dan l22

dan l22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

yes i think that well could be the case because i ran the hose down the scuttle and through the drain which is clear, but then i watched too see if i could see the water coming in and then i noticed it seemed to be seeping in through the wheel arch in the car, which is behind the wheel arch liner its been doing head in,so i undersealed the wheel arch in the car, but i will also do your trick with the silicone,when it stops raining .cheers