Water In Drivers Footwell

its raining heavily and the carpet in the drivers footwell is sodden and also in the compartment under the seat.Ive lifted the carpetand it really smells like its been like this for months(only had her 13 weeks) nothing on the passenger side that is bone dry. can this still be caused by scuttle drain blockage.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and ive just been out to check drains (getting very wet in process ) passenger side is clear drivers side tried to get coathanger down there no chance its too blocked any other way of unblocking it

:D thought that just affected passenger side :D but that seems to be working ok but i will check that as well thanks :o :D

This maybe of no help at all but I had to take my front indicator off at the weekend (for once an easy job 1 screw thats it)

Whilst I was doing it I noticed a white tube running through the bodywork down to the wheelarch area.

I take it this was the drain tube you are looking for. I reckon you could get to the end of the tube that way. It's a damn site easier than taking the liner off.

Has anyone done it this way?

It would make life a lot easier if it worked. Maybe worth a try.

now its stopped raining ive just been out to have a look round taken up carpet in footwell big puddle of water :lol: :lol:

:blink: was thinking of getting me cozzi and having a paddle :lol:

how can i remove the soundproofing without having to remove all carpet and front seats.

:D dried up most of the water last night only to find more this morning best thing is car is parked in my drive downhill :o

;) now im really confused :D

all windows are firmly closed door seals are in good condition

so how come water in middle of floor

arghhhhh

yep all other carpeted areas are dry no not under gutter but also found out my a/c aint workin turned it on this mornin and more water appeared ;) :o :D

gonna have another look when this bleedin rain stops. im gonna have to get it sorted im goin away in 4 weeks and need the car

Hmmm.....so yesterday, you got rid of all the water.Now its all back again.

Youve tried the scuttle drains..

what about putting water in the washer bottle and then getting back in the car and turn them on???see if you can feel any water getting in anywhere??and try it for the rear one aswell??

ok... a few quotes from previous posts...

Final effort was to check around the external corner trims at the bottom of the windscreen. Removed wiper arm first, then carefully lifted off trim from 3 push in clips. The upper clip fixing had a sticky backed pad around the hole as well as being set in some silicone. This hole leads directly into the space along the back of the dashboard inside the car. The silicone had dried out and cracked and the whole area around the clip was full of dirt. Removed clip cleaned area and did away with sticky pad and old silicone. Reset clip back into hole with plenty of fresh silicone and re-assembled.

Did this on both sides. There has been no sign of any more leaks since.

interesting topic:

similar probs

another

a lot seem to come back to either a new windscreen, or getting it re-fitted.

seems to be possible leaks from bottom of windscreen?

mmmmmmmmmmm

Well, i seemed to have sorted it out but it took some doing ! I had to cut out all the underlay from under the carpet. the mold showed me where the water was ingressing.

The water was coing in through the metal seams. I poured a jug of water on the winsceen then just watched as the water seaped in !

I got some bathroom sealant and sealed all alon the metal seams.

And its now bone dry every time it rains ! I've not put the carpet back yet and will have to replace the underlay.

Just got to get rid of the musty smell now !

thats enough lol

MATT

thanks matt phew aint we gonna be busy at weekend me doin this b/f fixin his beemer lol well im takin carpet up as soon as it stays dry for longer than 10 mins then gonna investigate more

well, from what i have read on previous posts, most of the time, it seems to be the sealant along the bottom of the windscreen, under the plastic stuff.

MATT

notes: by "most of the time" i mean after the normal problems have been checked <which they have>

:lol: well ive managed to unblock drivers side scuttle drain :P

passengers was clear

:lol: no idea where this water came from it was in the middle of the footwell on drivers side and car is facing nose down in drive :P

like i said im gonna wait for break in this weather then get out and try to sort it

:lol: well ive managed to unblock drivers side scuttle drain :D

passengers was clear

:lol: no idea where this water came from it was in the middle of the footwell on drivers side and car is facing nose down in drive :P

like i said im gonna wait for break in this weather then get out and try to sort it

So just to be clear -- the drivers side scuttle was blocked then? :P