Parking Sensors (front & Rear)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i have a slightly different issue to most on here i've read, my issue is that my rear parking sensors have developed paranoid tendencies!!

by which i mean when i put her into reverse the sensors are telling me there is something behind me when there is not, as i do get close to an object they start working properly again :rolleyes: so im slightly confused as what to do to repair this?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Berny

04 gal

2.3 petrol auto

Mine do something similar intermittenetly. When I hook it up to VAG-COM it shows one of the rear sensors is indicating that something is close - 25cm? (when I can see it isn't). VAG-COM shows the distance from each of the eight sensors. If I put something closer than 25cm it reads correctly. This sensor has a small chip out of one corner but I am not sure if it is the sensor or the wiring (it's a bit stretched as it has clearly been relocated when the towbar was fitted. It's not very often at the moment so I haven't done anything about it yet.

I suggest you:-

(i) Connect up to VAG-COM. This should tell you which sensor is faulty. You've already narrowed it down to one of the rear four. The free version (which I am using) will allow you to do this and leads are available from ebay for around

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem, the control box and well are bone dry, all leads are secure as far as I can make out, so I need to check the sensors I guess..

Having said that however I can strongly recommend checking this thread if you have lost a wallet lately..

Having ransacked the house and checked the car several times a month ago, and having gone through the hassle of cancelling cards, requesting new ones and driving licence photocard etc.. I should have just checked my parking sensors control unit.. I have just found my wallet safe and sound in the well beneath the passenger seat!

Edited by sassenach

• 8 months later...

Well, I'll have to go and check the sensors on my new galaxy now. The previous owner fitted a towbar witg twin electrics to mine so I assumed that was interfearing with the sensors but after reading this thread, I may be able to get the sensors back online!! I will go and check when it stops raining! :(

Would the sensor system be coveted under a ford second hand warranty?

With limited information you have supplied, I would hazzard a guess and say 'yes'. But it all depends what type of warranty you have. I would suggest you telephone the dealer (I assume its Ford) and ask them.

Sorry for the limited info. I bought a gal mk2 from a ford dealer and it came with a ford top of the range warranty, can't remember what it is called but will have to check the small print to see if labour was included

(null)

If the purchase was recent and a warranty was given, then i assume that the faulty parking sensors should be covered. However, not all warranties are the same and as suggested by yourself - best to check the small print. Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Folks,

Just had the same beeping problem with my 05 Ghia 2.3 Galaxy. Checked the buzzing sensors and found the two middle ones at the back were not working. Checked the wiring etc which was fine. So assumed it was the sensors themselves. Cheapest from Ford £80 each. Ebay £45 for 2 delivered. Bargain.....

So they have just arrived and i wasn't very impressed they looked rather grubby and in far worse condition then mine...but....just plugged them in and hey presto..the system is brill. Works front and rear and im relieved and impressed. One happy Galaxy owner. Now just the cruise control and climate to sort out :blush:

My sensors all seem to be clicking away, some louder than others. I have a towbar with twin electrics fitted by the previous owner. Has anyone had problems with this interfering with the sensor system?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

My sensors all seem to be clicking away, some louder than others. I have a towbar with twin electrics fitted by the previous owner. Has anyone had problems with this interfering with the sensor system?

Had this problem on our '53 Alhambra, cured it by bending in the plate holding the tow plug as it was interferring with the sound path on the two middle rear sensors. All work fine until a front sensor failed, unfortunalty my VAGCOM can find the controller for the sensors, which is really annoying as I tried to swap the non working sensor with a replacement one and the fault stll exsists.  Maybe the wiring behing has been damaged as suggested in an earlier post.

• 4 months later...

My rear washer never worked since purchasing my Galaxy. Anyway one day I followed the the washer line from the front and I found that there was somekind of joint near the underside of the passenger seat. I cant fully remember as it was a few years ago I sorted the problem. The rear washer line runs along the front passenger carpet and plastic panels. If that makes sense. Under the front passenger seat I found there is a compartment with a black box, which makes the beeping noise for the parking sensor. Try not to mess around with any connections as I unplugged something and then the airbag light came on my dash. Luckily I have a mate who has the little machine to remove lights from the dash. The compartment was actually flooded with water and realised that the rear windscreen washer line has a connection there which had come loose. So i reconnected and cleared the water. So now the rear washer works.

Hello does any one on here have a vag com live in york , would love both my cars checking for faults please bit of cash in hand .thank you

I've got a slightly different issue.

My sensors work fine but then the system never turns itself off, the button is permanently illuminated orange until you press it.

VCDS-Lite  reports an intermittent fault to ground from the rear nearside sensor.

I'm inclined to just leave it though and manually turn it off unless someone knows if replacing the reported faulty sensor would clear the issue.

to csj - I'm in Leeds and have VCDS-lite working. I'm not sure you can do much more than read and clear codes from the limited number of modules you can actually see though. You can buy a compatible cable from Ebay for very little money and VCDS-Lite (used to be VAG COM) is a free download. If you are ever anywhere near LS26 then I'd hook it up for you no problem.

• 2 months later...

I have a failed (non-clicking) sensor in my rear bumper. I'd like to replace it but can someone provide a simple description of how to remove it? Do I just push it or is there some clip to release?

Thanks

I also would like to know how to change sensors, I did have a look but could not get it out and did not want to break anything else trying!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Reading through this thread it appears a I have the same issues with my 2004 1.9TDI Ghia. My rear washer is not squirting and the parking sensors are not working. Are these two together an indication of the problem?

Just brought the vehicle so I am clueless about Galaxy's!!

Cheers

James

• 1 year later...

Hi all i have a problem with my sensors not working i have replaced all the sensors with 1s i now that were working but still the long beep and flashing light continues i have also checked the fuse and wiring and all seems to be ok.. any help would be great thanks

If yours is the 2010 model your other post refers to then its a mkIII - nothing above will be relevent as the mk1/mk2 is an entirely different vehicle. Hopefully your other topic will get moved to the correct section where someone who can help may see it.