Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  sparky Paul : (29 September 2014 - 07:29 PM) I paid that for Monroe, but it was a while ago. Still under £30 each on fleabay.
@  daddyfixit : (29 September 2014 - 06:43 PM) mine have finally given up after 10 years of ownership...ey are a german brand of shocker @ £25 each
@  daddyfixit : (29 September 2014 - 06:42 PM) has anybody used the rear shock absorbers from eurocar parts ???
@  Gteuk : (25 September 2014 - 11:03 AM) :35:
@  Gteuk : (25 September 2014 - 11:03 AM) Shoutbox is like a global chat app intended for stupidity, banter and general conversation
@  Gteuk : (25 September 2014 - 10:11 AM) Front brake disks :P
@  Keithb : (25 September 2014 - 08:38 AM) rear shock absorbers
@  Gteuk : (20 September 2014 - 11:58 AM) Don't forget to update your profile pictures, it helps make the site more colourful :D
@  Gteuk : (20 September 2014 - 10:50 AM) Welcome to the ford galaxy owners club, don't forget to like our facebook page https://www.facebook...alaxyownersclub

Engine Malf Light

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sash_*

Guest_sash_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:25 AM

I have an engine malfunction light just appeared on my dash board. It feels like a plug breaking down but would something as simple as that put the light on?

#2 Dave-G

Dave-G

Super advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1247 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:27 PM

It could be, on a reliant robin mate :D

Tell us what car it is please - best done in your signature (found in your profile at the bottom of the page)

#3 Guest_sash_*

Guest_sash_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:03 PM

It could be, on a reliant robin mate :D

Tell us what car it is please - best done in your signature (found in your profile at the bottom of the page)

Sorry thought I was in the Ford KA section . its a Ford KA. 1.3 collection. cheers

#4 Guest_3.5bullet_*

Guest_3.5bullet_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:08 PM

I have an engine malfunction light just appeared on my dash board. It feels like a plug breaking down but would something as simple as that put the light on?

yes, if as you say you have a coil/plug breaking down the engine will run rich! this will be picked by the engine managment system mainly by the lambda probe and bring up the warning lamp! as excessive unburnt fuel will damage the cat!

#5 anadin

anadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:25 PM

agree with 3.5 , give us more symptoms though :D

#6 Guest_sash_*

Guest_sash_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

agree with 3.5 , give us more symptoms though :lol:

Thanks Guys. thats just about all the symptoms there are. anything that puts the engine under load it does not like and starts chugging. Such as going up a hill. you have to change down, yes feels like someone pulled the choke out when the engine is warm. thats the best I can describe it.