Transferring Pictures

baz69

if your networked? add then to the shared file list and transfer them that way, or remove the drive their on and add link it the new pc via an external cradle and transfer them across to the new pc's HD

Guest Cepheus

Easiest way without networking or cabling together is to email the files from one machine to the other or upload them from the old pc to a remote file hosting site, then download them to the new pc. (this obviously providing both PCs are connected to t'internet!)

• 3 weeks later...

Acronis True image (vs10 home) is an alternaive to Ghost (was ok as powerquest DI but now is Norton - will not have any of their software on my machines anymore. They used to be good in the days of DOS - NDD and NU but they even need to give their software away nowadays (see P*ssy world and Dell) :lol:.

Ps I know some peeps have no trouble with norton ... but if you do unistallation is a nightmare and talking about slowing your machine down !!!!!

Nik - you're right! I got rid of Norton Internet Security (a total pain in the patella).

What p*ss*d me off was when I tried to renew my subscription on my 3 user licence on-line, and the software would only update one licence. In the end I wrote to Trading Standards about it, but, toothless wonders that they are, nothing got done about it.

Nice to see there is an alternative now that PowerQuest got hoovered up.

BTW, I like the way PowerQuest didn't use a space between words, e.g. PartitionMagic and the unforgettable DrivelMage. Or is that DriveImage?

• 1 year later...