Tow Bar Advice For Mk2 Owners

Bobetski

Hi

Just thought I would share my experience with getting hold of a tow bar and fixing it to my 2005 1.9tdi Galaxy

I went through the whole thing of fixed and detachable and their effect on parking sensors and in the end....it did not matter!!

I firstly would like to say I cannot guarantee the same for everyone but for me it went a bit like this.

Towequipe Westfalia detachable towbar.

Hello Bobetski,

Thanks for all those information.

We just bought a new shape Galaxy 2.0 tdci and have been told about the sensors if we were to fit a flanged towbar but the difference in price between the removable and the flanged one is so high!. We were quoted for the removable on average

• 5 weeks later...

Alan,

Thanks for that I need a towbar and hadnt even considered parking sensors.

On every spec I have seen the rear bumper has to be filed away slightly in the centre at the bottom - did you find that the case?

On the subject of the swan neck... Is that OK to tow an ALKO coupler ? (anti snake coupler)

Den

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Alan,

Could I ask what wiring kit you used? I have purchased the car specific kit for my 2003 Ford Galaxy, but it is a bit vague on a couple of the connections.

Wiring kit is a 7 pin Westfalia

1) It specifies a single green wire should be connected to the reverse light, but the green wire doesn't exist

2) It also states to connect a brown-white wire to the parking sensors, but doesn't state which wire to tap into.

Thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Alan

I have been having the same dilema as you did and your information has helped me greatly, just a few quick questions. You fitted the bosal 026-961 was it the bolt on swan neck or the welded swan neck. Where does the 12N socket bolt on to on you instillation and did you just do a standard wire in, fit a bypass relay or a specific model wiring kit.

I hope to take a series of photos when fitting mine to assist those of you ourt there who will be fitting your own towbars

Cheers

Dean