Mkii Vs Mkiii - Ouch!

randall977

Lol, comparing the two is pointless. Its like comparing PC's when ones a P4 and the others an i7, the Mk3 SHOULD be better - it was designed nearly 15 years after the Mk2. Frankly I think the Mk3 should have done a bit better really...

Its also worth pointing out that the Sharan on test there is a Mk1 sharan, not Mk2 - a lot of additional safety kit made it on to the Mk2 sharan including side airbags and crossmember supports.

• 1 month later...

Couldn't believe the "babies" being thrown around in the back seats! That's scary! Those seats-especially the rear facing newborn one-it was squashed! Makes me wonder whether baby really is safer in the back or the front-at least upon front impact there's front airbags to protect her and break part of her impact-in the back they just thrown around like ragdolls!

Also I think with that kind of impact ALL the air bags should go off-front and sides! That way there's more protection in high impact...obviously low impact then mainly front ones are needed...

Maybe thats just me lol! Think th mk3 looks so much better than mk1 and mk2 by a long shot! I'm now in two minds of mk3 or smax!! Choices choices!!