• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rodmonk

rodmonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

The front passenger seat on my 2003 zetec with swivel seats is stuck all the way forward. Can anyone advise on how difficult it is to strip the seat to find out what the issue is?

#2 suzuki91

suzuki91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

to get to any bolts that fix the track to the seat would need to move the seat forewards and back i think. can you see anything caught in the runners? may be a case of push hard to clear it?

#3 rodmonk

rodmonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

to get to any bolts that fix the track to the seat would need to move the seat forewards and back i think. can you see anything caught in the runners? may be a case of push hard to clear it?

Yes you're right to un-bolt the whole seat does require the seat to be moved back. Can't see anything stuck but it's hard to see what's going on. Tried pushing hard but it's not having it.

#4 chrispb123456

chrispb123456

Ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2495 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hi there
Iirc it's easier to remove the slide and seat togerther then turn seat upside down to work on, remove slide from seat.

#5 rodmonk

rodmonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

Because the seat is stuck forward I can't get to the front 2 bolts, so I think I'm looking at taking it to bits? Just looking for advise on how to go about this.

Thanks

#6 cyborg

cyborg

Petrol head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Because the seat is stuck forward I can't get to the front 2 bolts, so I think I'm looking at taking it to bits? Just looking for advise on how to go about this.

Thanks

hi there,try taking off drivers seat and observe how it works.

Edited by cyborg, 09 December 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#7 springen

springen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

The front passenger seat on my 2003 zetec with swivel seats is stuck all the way forward. Can anyone advise on how difficult it is to strip the seat to find out what the issue is?

My front passenger seat is stuck too - won't budge forward or back when the front lever is lifted. It will swivel around though ??!! I've had a good look and cannot see anything stuck in the runners. Anybody else had this problem - and solved it ?

Edited by springen, 10 December 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#8 seatkid

seatkid

Eternally ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4988 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

:16: Wusses...mine sometimes gets stuck in full frontal position :16: but two feet firmly on the floor and good shove frees it

If all else fails use a lump hammer.... :o