Mk2 Galaxy Central Locking Problem

Hi

Can anyone help us with this? Just repaired the tailgate to body wiring where it goes though the rubber gaitor. Now the central locking won't work.

Checked all fuses and seem ok. Anybody any ideas?

check and then recheck what you have done,or it could be as simple as a blown fuse.

Thanks for the advice. Forgot to mention that the alarm system can still be activated with the key fob but not the central locking. Also, if I manually lock the drivers door from the inside the central locking only locks the drivers door and tailgate but not the other doors. When I repaired the body to tailgate wiring, it was because the rear wiper stopped working. I found 4 wires broken. Hope this throws some light on the subject.

Fixed it! Checked and repaired wiring in doors. Still the same. Thought I'd check fuses again. Noticed fuse missing from row of horizontally mounted fuses below main fuses. Then it hit me. I'd removed the left 25A fuse to replace a blown cigar lighter fuse. Stupid me thought these were spare fuses. Refitted fuse, sorted!