Ford Etis Reg Lookup Trick

I've been hunting for a Galaxy for a while now and finally got one. One website i found helpful was the Ford ETIS site where you can lookup details including spec of a car. Useful if in the market as you can see what additional options are added to the car.

For some reason when you visit the site and go to Vehicle > Vehicle Lookup you can only lookup by VIN even though it says all over the site that you can also do reg. 

I figured out how to activate the reg part:

1. Go to http://www.etis.ford.com/

2. Click on Vehicle > Vehicle Lookup

3. At the bottom of the site it says "If you do not have a VIN or registration number then click here" - click on "Here"

4. You then have the option to pick a vehicle manually - doesn't matter what you pick, leave everything as is and click "Search"

5. Under FordService click on "Generate a FordService schedule"

6. You then pick the vehicle manually - again, doesn't matter what you put in here then click "Continue"

7. On the next page where you can download the PDF, click on the "Vehicle" tab at the top

You then get redirected to the same page as #2 but you will then notice you have a box to put in a reg!

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by whoop_whoop

• 5 months later...

I have just spotted this link and it still works.

As this was a Ford demonstrator when I bought it two months old with 500 miles on the clock, it was fitted with loads of extras from the factory.

It was interesting to see all they stuff they put on it, but noticed they never put the engine number on there.

Maybe they put a bit more effort into building it for themselves, because touch wood, very little has gone wrong in nearly ten years.

I bet that has put a curse on it now... :44: