Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  sparky Paul : (29 September 2014 - 07:29 PM) I paid that for Monroe, but it was a while ago. Still under £30 each on fleabay.
@  daddyfixit : (29 September 2014 - 06:43 PM) mine have finally given up after 10 years of ownership...ey are a german brand of shocker @ £25 each
@  daddyfixit : (29 September 2014 - 06:42 PM) has anybody used the rear shock absorbers from eurocar parts ???
@  Gteuk : (25 September 2014 - 11:03 AM) :35:
@  Gteuk : (25 September 2014 - 11:03 AM) Shoutbox is like a global chat app intended for stupidity, banter and general conversation
@  Gteuk : (25 September 2014 - 10:11 AM) Front brake disks :P
@  Keithb : (25 September 2014 - 08:38 AM) rear shock absorbers
@  Gteuk : (20 September 2014 - 11:58 AM) Don't forget to update your profile pictures, it helps make the site more colourful :D
@  Gteuk : (20 September 2014 - 10:50 AM) Welcome to the ford galaxy owners club, don't forget to like our facebook page https://www.facebook...alaxyownersclub

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Key Battery Changing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Keithb

Keithb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:52 PM

Any ideas on changing the battery on the remote control for a 2003 Galaxy? The handbook says contact the dealer! Sounds like a money making scam to me.

#2 rwtomkins

rwtomkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:43 AM

I don't know how you change the battery but there are a couple of UK websites that do cheap replacement batteries for remotes, watches, cameras, etc. I used to use watchbattery.co.uk but they introduced a minimum charge so I now use battery-house.co.uk.

#3 seatkid

seatkid

Eternally ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4988 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

For Mk 1 remotes the replacement batterry is a 2016 Lithium coin Cell - readily available even in Tescos.

Keith I'm still on original battery (1998) - are you sure youre batteries flat?

Attached Files

• Attached File  key.JPG   0bytes   0 downloads

#4 Ivor_E_Tower

Ivor_E_Tower

Ultimate Member

• 2606 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

Yes - but does the remote retain its settings during battery change, or do you have to re-code the key if you change the battery? If so, a suitable standby battery with leads and crocodile clips may be handy to have!

#5 Guest_vitrocmax_*

Guest_vitrocmax_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

FWIW I've just opened up my C-Max key (it's similar, but not identical) and it still works after removing the battery for a few seconds (sufficient to change it).

Most cars I've had with a remote key allow for battery changes without recoding, so long as you don't leave it a long time (don't know how long but I'd guess a few minutes).

#6 Boggler

Boggler

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:33 PM

The older remote requires two 2016 lithium cells, if you take the first out there is a plate underneath and then a second battery. Don't make the same mistake I did and then wondered why the new battery only lasted a short time.

#7 Guest_Turbo_*

Guest_Turbo_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

My keyfob locking has never been very good. I have just changed the batteries on my keyfob for the second time in 6 months but it didn`t make much difference. At Partco in Carlisle they have a keyfob tester. You aim the key and press the buttons at the tester and the tester flashes. Mine was poor, only just getting the light to come on. Anyway, I took the fob to bits and sprayed WD40 into it and it`s never been so good. I don`t know which part was causing it not to work well, even the red light was coming on when the buttons were pressed. I can lock/unlock the car from the front livingroom window now.........but I suppose the excitement will wear off !

#8 Guest_kev140766_*

Guest_kev140766_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:29 PM

I mentioned changing the battery at my dealers and the parts man did it for me and went out and tested it for......... FREE!!

#9 Keithb

Keithb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:43 PM

Hmmm, last night I had to get up to the drivers window to get the remote working, but to-day it works from inside the house through the kitchen window. Maybe it needs some wd40!
I guess I can monitor it until the next service and get it changed under the leasing company's cost.

Thanks for the replies.

Keith

#10 djx

djx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:07 AM

so how do you recode the keyfobs then????

#11 seatkid

seatkid

Eternally ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4988 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:12 AM

IIRC the fobs aren't recoded, each key is unique and you recode the vehicle to accept the fob. You can have up to 4 (or is it 8?) different keys. Its somewhere on the TIS CD...

But I may be wrong.