Winter Tyres Testing & Thoughts

Afternoon All :)

After watching some tests on youtube I have come around to the idea of having 2 sets of alloys one with Winter tyres on and 1 set with normal Summer time tyres on, there seems to be huge advantages to be had using Winter tyres but it is something that in nearly 20 years of motoring I have ever really considered however I did notice the other day during a heavy downpour on a fast country lane my old gal was a bit under steer happy, now I live in Wales we generally get lots of rain anyhow but in Winter we get LOTS of rain so if I can make it a little more stable on the front end using Winter tyres then it sounds like a no brainer really.

I have included the 2 videos I watched below, mighty impressive results:

and 

What do you think?

Edited by PembsPanther

I had a set of winter tyres when I lived in Germany.

Fitted around October, November and removed in March... every year.

Huge difference to road holding.

UK seem to be the only country in Europe that does not wholly embrace the winter tyre ethos.

Most people naively believe they are just for snow, but when you investigate further, you find out that "summer" tyres harden at around 7 degrees Celsius; whereas winter tyres remain supple.