Front Washers Stop Working

Do the rear ones work? If not would suspect the motor a likely cause, though could be blown fuse causing it. Can you hear the motor running when you pull the lever? If so then must be a plumbing issue, either a kinked pipe or break in there somewhere, leaking washer fluid should make it easy to find if that.

Hi bri. Nope cant hear motor running when trying rear either. Will have a look at fuses tomorrow. Just noticed that the heater switches panal has stopped working also. Can switch fan on, but can't select where you want air blown, and interior rear aux. Heater switch not functioning etc., was fine a couple of days ago....how odd. This car is just full of surprises!

• 3 weeks later...

The jets are heated on a lot of higher spec fords, I would guess some if not all of the Galaxy range may have the same. Its usually the case that a heated screen will be accompanied with heated jets.

I'd suspect the pump on the reservoir is either gummed up with crap (sometimes they fill up with algae in the tank, particularly if you don't use any screen wash) or just dying. If you can get a multimeter onto the connector and get soemone to operate this should tell you. Voltage there consistently would indicate wiring probably ok.

If theres no voltage there it may be the wiper stalk causing the issue, again multimeter should give you an answer to that.

Thanks again bry. Ahh...heated jets....i see. Whats the wiper stalk? (The wipers actually work).

yes I will check pump on reservoir. Looks like an absolute dog to get too. Thanks again.

The lever you use to operate the wipers would be the stalk. You've fixed it though so looks positive. At least if you've got it out you know how to get in there if it goes again.

I think the same pump does both washers (front and rear) - just spins the motor the other way to achieve it. They usually are like that, if theres two pipes leaving the pump i'd be pretty sure thats the case.

Well done on getting it sorted though.

remove the heater control panel---4 torx screws behind trim panel

unplug both multi plugs

turn ignition on/off

reconnect wiring plugs

refit switches/trim

it now works ??