Galaxy 1.9 Tdi Wont Start

Hi Gents ive seen lots of mention of Relay 30 and hoped it would solve my non starting 2006 1.9TDi. It turns over but doesnt start. I have followed the instructions to get to the relays but i dont have a relay 30. The user manual is unhelpful so im stuck. Can anyone help me identify the relay that needs replacing on this model. Thanks Ads

Have you tried another set of keys? As gregers suggests, it could be you've lost the immobiliser unlocking chip from your key and that's why she's not starting.

Hi,

Check fuse 14 - the fuel pump fuse - in the long line of horizontal fuses under the dash.  I have the same problem as you, but mine now keeps blowing.  I have tried taking a feed from the back of the 109 relay directly to the fuel pump hidden under the first rear seat behind the driver's seat, as the fuel pump was registering nothing when turning the key......... I'll update here if I manage to solve it, else mine could be alongside yours in the River!!

Rob

Sparky the immobiliser light stays on for a few seconds when i turn on the ignition and then goes off.

Doesn't sound like the usual relay issue that would give rapid flashing, worth a look when you try cranking the engine over though. Being a Diesel if it doesn't fire i'd suspect it isn't getting fuel to the pump - Have you checked the filter isn't completely blocked and if any fuel comes up the supply to it? (I think theres an intank pump on the diesels?)