What Changes Would You Make To Your Galaxy ?

Guest Jennyt

Guest Jennyt

Quick question - if you had to make any changes to your Galaxy [or other MPV] what would it be ?

I'm in the process of compiling a letter to Ford to make some of these points and would really appreciate your input.

My changes are as follows:-

Illuminated vanity mirrors on LX and Zetec models

More interior chrome

Re-evaluation of factory fitted CD system

Multimedia upgrades [for example video system upgraded to new DVD option]

Additional sockets for headphones for Multimedia

Let me know what you think ? :huh:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennyt,

The one thing that I would change on my newish Galaxy, would be changing the position some how of the O/S front windscreen post, when going around a right hand bend, you get a blind spot. I don't know how it can be changed , but thats what you pay for.

Mark

Things I wouldlike to see are; digital instrument displays like renault espace and citreon picaso. The quality of the leather could be improved, its a bit cheap when you only get the front faces and PVC sides and backs! I'd like to see a full size alloy spare that does not limit you to 50mph. the return of the roof monted digital clock, I just hate the 2000 on dash mounted analouge job.

I would also like to see a cut in delivery waiting times, my first TDi was 27 weeks, 21, my current car and so far I have been waiting nearly 12 on a new one.

I'd like to see the rubbing strips colour coded again, like on the Mk1's also the ford ovals in the strip on the doors should be brought back. twin sunroof options like those available in europe should be available in the UK. I would also like to see the multimedia DVD player be combined with the CD palayer so that you have a multiplay DVD or CD player that can be used either way. A TV tuner option for use with the multimedia system would be nice too.

Guest shackers

Yes... the main thing I would Like is a Honest and Trustworthy For dealership... hahahhh

On a serious note! The Bumbers aren't protected enough and you can scuff these with ease.. I 'd put in a ruber strip that just protrudes to protect the bumper.

shackers

- Digital clock instead of analogue one.

- Cooling in the glove box (or does it have this already? -not sure)

- Luggage net included

- Luggage ties included

- Interior roof light in the back row of seats/boot space

- Indication of cruise control status in the instrument cluster.

- 2 remote key fobs and not just 1. Its a bit tight just to give 1 free when the car costs 20 grand.

All luxury items really, no fundamental requests. Engine, seats, chassis etc is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Boggler

How about wopping in the 2.5 TDi engine a la Audi A4/6/8. Think of all that power (176 bhp) and Torque, and yet still Diesel economy...... sorry went off into a world of my own then ;-D

Guest kd035050

how about seat belts attached directly to each of the rear seats so you turn the seats to face the bac of the car , also instead af that silly little lap belt in the middle rear seat fit a proper 3 point job. much better for safety and fitting child seats

Chris ;)

Guest michelleski

Has anyone noticed how on the uk versions of the Galaxy, the centre dash console (where the front aircon controls are etc) is slightly tilted to the left - away from the right hand driver. Sitting on the right I wonder whether it was the manufacturers intentions to have the Parking sensor on/off button etc right over the other side of the console rather than just next to the drivers left hand? Maybe all centre consoles tilt slightly to the passenger seat? as they were all manufactured in Portugal (or wherever) where they drive on the left? Maybe the controls in this console have already been relocated to suit the right hand drive market? or maybe a European Galaxy has its buttons in the same position but the driver has access to them from his left hand drive seat. ...just an observation!

Some visible indication of Cruise control settings would be very handy - as would that third 3 point seatbelt for the middle seat in the middle row. How do you decide which of your 3 children should have lesser safety?? Thankfully I only have 2 kids!

Michelle.

Guest shackers

I thought about it now and thie things I would change are:

:D

The V6 engine cover to Alloy! and not as it is now, Plastic [not sure if they have changed the new models]

I would of moved the digital clock! but I think :rolleyes: they have done that on the new version.

Stereo system is OK, i'd give the customer a choice instead of the Ford's own system, like Alpine :D

What P J Has said! luggage nets and the like...

Stereo control on the steering wheel, not on the column.

:D Stainless Steel Exhaust as an Option.. :P {I know I'm gready]

A TIS Cd with all models... :D

An onboard self Diagnostic digital readout [i'm very gready] {and it's not as difficult as you would perceive}

I'm going to get to gready so I'll stop!

:D Shackers

Guest Ian Hampton

How about seats that fold into the floor a la Zafira. Storing the seats after you've removed them is a pain.

I want an aluminium cam-cover seeing as mine is broken and rattley too.

Also, an extra six inches in length would be superb (Ooh err missus!!!)

so you could get all seven seats and decent luggage space too!

Like the Long wheelbase Voyager, come to think of it why not give us two options long and short wheelbase?

cheers,

Ian. :rolleyes:

Guest SA Intruder

I have posted in the General Area:

"Ford's Site - poor or what"

Try the www.seat.co.uk one and under the Alhambra page choose "Technical Info" - everything there.

My 130BHP Seat is due at the end of March...!!

I have been waiting for the 130BHP TDi specs since its announcemnet in December. I figured that based on upon the noticeable difference bewtwen the 90 and 115 TD's, I'd go for it anyway. I still have no firm delivery date! so please give us a review of your SA when you get it!

• 4 weeks later...

Although i love my aging 2ltr and i cannot complain about speed,I must admit i would love to have a turbo straped to it,But in saying that if i wanted speed i would have bought a different vehicle not a safe child carrying vehicle, which was the whole point of buying the said thing in the first place. B) :D :D :D

Guest burgess_uk

- Sliding Doors.

- Two Transponder Keys.

- Split Tailgate.

- Better Cruise Control.

- Xenon Lights as standard.

- 5 speed auto box on the 2.3.

- LPG option

Not much really...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Feanor

Replace that stupid analogue clock with the old digital clock.

Improve the inner door handles - I find them hard to use.

Include the luggage carrying net as standard.

Guest steven.tunnicliffe@lineone.net

I have a 1999 model so forgive me if these improvements are already in place:

1. The horn buttons! By the time you've found them the car that's cut you up has long gone!

2. The drivers wiper leaves a two inch gap to the pillar further decreasing the view.

3. The drivers pillar itself causes a blind spot when coming to a round-a-bout...a couple of times I've thought it clear then a mini appears in front of me!

4. The cost of replacement tyres! Please provide tyres that don't wear out.

5. Heated steering wheel for those oh-so-cold mornings (and no I'm not going to wear gloves).

6. Ear plug points for all passengers for the radio.

7. Easier to remove interior door panels, if a job has to be done behind them, speakers, new door lock that's failed the garage cannot help but make a mess of them.

8. On my 1999 model it's great for the kids eating thier healthly burger meals in the back, but the front seat passengers have to balance their drinks and burgers on the dashboard etc. (this may be different on the new models).

You may wonder why I got a Galaxy in the first place! But no, I'm made up with it really, drives a dream...even my much maligned 2.3 engine (according to some posts I've seen), and the kids love it too....just wish I could afford those TV screens!

I would prefer to have rear passenger sliding doors, and make the front ones smaller cos no matter where you park in a car park some dick always parks too close!!! :angry:

Interior colours - get rid of the oyster light brown? I have that (not by choice) and its a pain to clean it especially after the greese monkeys have been round it!

Better stock of tyres available. Our local Tyre Sales (Bless them) tried everywhere to get one tyre for me - ended up having to get it from Ford!

Spares should be cheaper!

2 remote control keys, not 1 - I also have a Renault that came with 2 remote keys as standard; aircon to glove box to keep it cool; minidisc player as standard as well as cassettes and CD's, personally I love the analogue clock on the dash; ability to buy luggage net and tonneau cover as an extra for those of us that couldn't afford to buy brand-new and specify them as options at time of purchase;

tough-up paint to come as standard (don't joke, in 1985 I bought a new Honda and in the glove box was a touch-up stick);

ability to add TV and multimedia as extras (again, for those of us who don't have the money to buy new); speed limiter to stop accidentally exceding the limit; sunroof as standard; rear aircon controls as standard; ability for those in rearmost seats to get out themselves eg internal handle on tailgate; electrically open function on tailgate as per new Honda Accord estate - very handy when returning to the car with both hands full of shopping, and helps short people not to strain/stretch to close tailgate;

fitting the Volvo D5 diesel engine now that Ford own Volvo, or VW's own V6 (or even the latest V10) diesel.

Almost forgot...

What really amazes me is that there are no rear ashtrays or bins, so with kiddies on board, there's nowhere for them to put sweet wrappers etc - they all have to be passed forward and soon fill the very small front ashtray, or else dropped on the floor or left in the rear doorbins.

This is a truly glaring omission by Ford/VW.