Lets Us Know What You Think Of Yours

Bought my Galaxy 1.9tdi zetec brand new in Nov 2002 on a 52 plate

Have put 240k miles on it. Its used as a taxi. Basic reliability is ok, it has never stopped working. Have had many problems with the air conditioning.When new, the aircon would last about 9000 between services before it would give up. Took ford dealer 3 attempts to find out the condensor was leaking and eventually replace it after informing me it wasn't covered under warranty. The big inflexible pipe that goes around the back of the engine has been replace in the last six months, part cost less than

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines full of faults, but what should I expect from a 11 year old car, she does her job with a bit of complaining at times, female doesn't ;) . If I didn't like her I'd dump her, probably at cooper bridge auto salvage.

One thing I love is the front quarterlites, what a fantastic place to mount the Tomtom.

• 2 weeks later...
Mines full of faults, but what should I expect from a 11 year old car, she does her job with a bit of complaining at times, female doesn't ;) . If I didn't like her I'd dump her, probably at cooper bridge auto salvage.

One thing I love is the front quarterlites, what a fantastic place to mount the Tomtom.

its perfect to mount the pda (running tomtom) - hardly need to move your eyes from the road - does not obsure any view and holder is not obvious when pda removed and shaded from strong light by the pillars - not for me the extrovert poofy middle of the screen - halfords option ;) :)

Guest gooner52

mind you,may be good for putting your sat nav there

not much good when going round a corner,as its a total blind spot

made worse buy sticking your sat nav there ;) :) :o ;)

mind you,may be good for putting your sat nav there

not much good when going round a corner,as its a total blind spot

made worse buy sticking your sat nav there ;) :) :o :o

its already a total blind spot as you say so you can't make it any worse ;)

I just ordered my 4th used shalaxy, an 05/05 Zetec Auto in ink - and never buy new. I buy about 12/18 months old and get a warranty. For some reason the service book has never been stamped, but the dealer is giving me one year warranty if I pay for a second year (

• 3 weeks later...

So far

Faulty booster heater

Failed auto gearbox

False warnings on dash

Parking sensors that sometimes have the "day off"

Expensive tyres

I live in dread of the next "BEEP" from the dash

My Citroen has 117,000 miles on it and only minor problems

My Galaxy has 70,000 and has just had approx

As I said, I like the car, whether I would buy another or not I dont know, time will tell.

If you watched Top Gear yesterday, all 3 presenters said they would not reccomend an Alfa Romeo they were testing, but they all would buy it over the other cars in the test. Enough said?.

When buying tyres for a car my family is to be in I always tend to buy known brand names. When I had the chance to shop around I paid around

Edited by Grumpy

By the way, on a more positive note, most, if not all, of the internet tyre suppliers have a list of approved fitting stations, to which they will deliver should you choose. So, even if home delivery is not an option for you, you can still buy your tyres from one of the internet tyre suppliers. You then have a wide choice of tyres and are not constrained to what is available locally (usually Dunlops).

The most highly rated tyre at the moment is the Vredestein Sportrak 3.

When I bought my car, it already had Dunlops fitted - nearly new as well.

They were noisy, had very poor traction and grip in the wet, and the wear rate was high - apart from that, they were fine.

The Nokian NRHi's are quieter, have much more grip and traction in the wet, and are wearing more slowly, particularly at the rear. Although not particularly well known over here, they are an OEM supplier to Saab. They cost around the same as Dunlops - I paid

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Bus....

Recent 4 day trip to center parcs - two rear and the central middle seat removed......

2 adults ( well me and the wife )

2 wee men ( 14 months )

2 adult cycles

1 trailer bike for the wee men

enough toys to keep wee men occupied

3 suit cases and changing bags etc

1 large cool box

1 large box of food

1 two seater pram

NO roof box - and it all fitted in

yes weve had the odd problem - and ive fitted a new alternator, rear exhaust box and drop links, the turbo still cuts out when cold but we live with that for now and if i had to change it Id have another bus - be it gal shazza or alhambra.

Edited by scrote

hi forum im new to this but have found this site a great help but after having our galaxy for 6mths the only problems we have had with our r reg 2.3 glx is a.

brake light switch

broken tailgate wire for high level brake light

broken speaker grills

clock light bulb

horn buttons

air con knob

interior door light switch

all of these things have been fixed for less than