Thermostat Housing?

hi guys ive read the forums on this but my aux heater i think is working ok but the heating is taking well over an hour to warm up i am getting warm air then after the hour it will reach 90 so i am going to change the thermostat first to see if this is the cause but can someone confirm the area of it is it at the right hand side of the engine and has 3 torx screws holding it to the block am in the right place? or has someone got a picture to show me where it is many thanks smoggy

sorry guys its a 2001 1.9tdi diesel ty

smoggy

its just behind and to the right of the alternator, and is quite awkward to get off without removing the alternator.

You can see the bottom Rad hose coming from it. The part you describe sounds like it to me!!

hi, thanks for the reply but i am looking in the wrong place then i think i was looking more to the top of the right hand side of the block where there are 3 torx bolts there so must be something else , ill have to get my machanic to do this as i havent got the tools to do it but are you sure its behind the alternator? you must have some idea if you have the same galaxy as mine but i remember someone saying it was at the top of the right hand side of the block the alternator is at the left hand side still i will get it sorted which ever way thanks

smoggy

definately on left hand side, 2 hex or 10mm bolts not 3 torx

Quite an easy job to do just a bit awkward to get at.

mines a 51 plate TDi,

Just follow the big rad hose on the left of the radiator and you will find it :D

post-62-1139080230.jpg